In order to provide you with the best services possible, Magical Pest Control has compiled a list of questions most asked by our customers. Our expert answers hope to assist you in the most accurate and efficient way possible.
1. How do I prevent bed bugs from entering my home?
- Although even the cleanest homes and hotels can have bed bugs, regular house cleaning, including vacuuming your mattress, can help to prevent an infestation. Clean up clutter to help reduce the number of places bed bugs can hide.
- Be careful when buying used furniture or clothes. Make sure to inspect the used item, and feel free to ask the retailer if the items were checked for bed bugs.
- Use caution when bringing home used furniture or clothes from the curb side. These items may be infested with bed bugs.
- When travelling take the following precautions:
- Inspect the room and furniture: inspect all cracks and crevices of the mattress and box spring, and look for blood spots or live insects. Request a different room if you find evidence of beg bugs.
- Protect your luggage: keep all belongings in your luggage and wrap your luggage in plastic to help prevent bed bugs from entering your luggage. Keep luggage on the shelf or away from the floor.
- Protect the bed: move the bed away from the wall, tuck in all bed sheets and keep blankets from touching the floor.
- Upon returning home: keep your luggage in an isolated area of your home, such as the garage. Inspect the luggage. Wash all your clothes in the hottest water possible and put them in a hot dryer for 20 minutes.
2. How often should Pest Control treatment be done?
In order to prevent future problems and control passed issues, pest control treatment should be applied in your home or office at regular intervals – no longer than past twelve months.
Shorter periods may be best suitable for certain environment conditions, so be sure to contact Magical Pest Control in order to get a specific answer for your specific location.
3. Do I really need to hire a pest control professional or can I take action myself?
There are many do-it-yourself options for pest control in certain businesses and homes, but the complications that arise prove to be too overwhelming. A lot of knowledge and training goes into being able to treat pest problems in an effective manner, and when hiring a proper specialist, you are guaranteed the proper course of treatment.
Magical Pest Control helps you identify the correct pest and choose the right course for action and future prevention. The materials used are specific to the situation and environment, and our extermination specialists handles the proper materials – carried out in a safe way with long lasting results; it is recommended that you hire a licensed professional pest control specialist or exterminator.
4. Will the sprays and products used affect humans?
Magical Pest Control establishes quality control and treatment services with use of gentle and environmentally safe products – they will not affect you. Each of the materials applied have been approved to be used in public places, hospitals and schools. If you are curious about what a specific product contains, please visit our Downloads page, where we have prepared MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) of our products for you to examine.
5. I know that I have a pest problem, but I’m not sure what kind of pest it is, or where they are coming from. How do I find out this information in order to get rid of it?
Magical Pest Control is dedicated to making the pest removal process for you as easy and maintainable as possible. Our Pest Library page helps you identify what type of pest is infesting your home, office, or work, as well as offering approaches to help remove them and prevent future outbreaks.
If you’ve tried researching the specific insect on our website already, please give us a call so that our knowledgeable staff can either identify it over the phone, or you can arrange for a free inspection that will assess the damage and patterns of the pest, identify the culprit, and then provide a recommendation for treatment.
6. I’ve been hearing sounds in my attic and ceiling – what could be up there?
If the sounds you are hearing are light scratches and scurrying, both in your ceilings and walls, then the pests in your home are very likely to be mice. There are several ways of treating your home for mice on your own, or you can call Magical Pest Control to quickly treat these rodents and prevent them from re-entering.
Contact us today to get your free quotation on your home or business.
7. My current pest control company has been treating my facility with sprays for a few months now due to a pest problem, yet the bugs are still returning. Why isn’t this working?
Pest treatment and management truly goes beyond simple pesticide use. In order to get to the root of the problem, it is highly essential that an entire, thorough inspection takes place in your facility. Experts will come in, do an examination on damage and problem areas, pointing out what should be sealed off and what’s making this a comfortable place for the pests.
Pesticides are a reactive solution – chances are, once you’re seeing pests, the problem is already large. Magical Pest Control provides proactive solutions, knowing that pesticides are only useful when needed and when targeting a specific breed. The use of pesticides in the wrong situation has the ability to make infestations increase.
Schedule one of Magical Pest Control’s expert professionals to come to your home, work or facility and provide a full inspection report, documentation, and a customized action plan.
8. Does your company only take care of specific pests, like termites?
Magical Pest Control consists of extremely educated staff, exterminators and technicians. Our company is highly versatile and covers a broad range of pest problem solutions for insects of all kinds, and even various wildlife and birds. Whatever your problem, no matter how big or small, Magical Pest Control is there for you.
9. I heard that pest control can help clear up asthma – is this true?
Magical Pest Control prides itself in taking care of your needs, which includes removing damaging pests and threats to your health. Certain pests, like cockroaches, have the ability to trigger asthma and various health conditions due to the viruses they carry and transmit.
Our professionals are here to inspect and treat your home or building, which includes providing you with informative tips and suggestions to keep you pest-free with no risk of re-infestation. With Magical Pest Control, your health always comes first.
10. After the pests are controlled, are there any remaining risks? What about the hazards that pests leave behind?
Before and after treating your pest issue, Magical Pest Control does a complete and thorough inspection for evidence and warning signs of pests. We are sure to remove any allergens that these pests or wildlife leave – from feathers to droppings, your treatment covers you.
If you have a question for us that is not found here, feel free to please give us a call.
If you’d like to schedule a professional inspection, we offer convenient forms of contact on the website, such as our Schedule Service and Free Estimate pages.